Of the Wounded and the Wounding

Divine Mother and Child
And it came to pass in the days of sorrow,
that the children cried out from the corners of the house,
and no one answered them.

For the fathers were broken, and the mothers were weary,
and the memory of their own affliction was upon them.

The rod that struck them in youth was hidden in the cupboard,
yet its echo remained in their hands.

And they did unto their children as was done unto them,
not for hatred, but for blindness;
not for cruelty, but for the curse of forgetting.

I have heard the bedtime weeping, and the prayers that tremble in secret.

Is not the child Mine, and the parent also?
Shall I not heal both the wound and the weapon?

Woe unto the one who repeats the violence without repentance;
for the millstone is heavy, and the sea is deep.

Yet blessed is the one who turns and weeps, who lays down the rod and lifts up the child.

For I am the God of restoration, and I make new the generations.

Say unto the wounded parent: Thou art not forsaken.

Though thy hands have faltered, thy heart may yet be cleansed.

Come unto Me,
ye who carry the weight of your own childhood,
and I shall give you rest.

And the children shall be as olive plants round about thy table,
if thou teach them mercy and walk in truth.

The curse shall be broken, and the name of the Lord shall be remembered in the land.

For I am He who rewrites the story,
and I dwell in the house of the humble.

And it came to pass in the days of sorrow...

In the sprawling, silent expanse of the old house, a profound sorrow had taken root...

For the fathers were broken, and the mothers were weary...

The fathers, veterans of countless unseen battles, carried invisible wounds...

The mothers, steadfast anchors in a turbulent sea, were weary beyond measure...

The memory of their own suffering clung to them all...

The rod that struck them in youth...

Even in the quiet stillness of their later years, a phantom ache persisted...

And they did unto their children...

This poignant observation delves into the cyclical nature of human behavior...

I have heard the bedtime weeping...

I've heard the secret, trembling prayers whispered in the quiet of the night...

Is not the child Mine, and the parent also?

"The child is mine, and so is the parent..."

The declaration signifies a profound connection and protective embrace...

Similarly, "and so is the parent" extends this same principle...

"I will heal both the injury and the cause" reveals the depth of this commitment...

Woe unto the one who repeats the violence...

Woe to those who repeatedly inflict violence without remorse...

Yet blessed is the one who turns and weeps...

Blessed are those who embark on the profound journey of repentance...

For I am the God of restoration...

For I am the God of restoration, the One who breathes new life into what was broken...

Thou art not forsaken.

To the wounded parent: You are not forsaken...

Though thy hands have faltered...

Though your hands may have faltered, your heart remains capable of purification...

Come unto Me...

Come to me, all you who carry the heavy burdens of your past...

And the children shall be as olive plants...

Teaching children the profound virtues of mercy and truth is akin to cultivating a thriving garden...

Comments

Popular Posts